Monday 31 March 2014

Review:The Face Shop's Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask

Review on The Face Shop's Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask

Hey guys!I'm back with another review,this time it's The Face Shop's Raspberry Roots Sleeping Mask:)Again,I found out about this product when I was aimlessly going through reviews on different products on the net during my super lethargic study week-I do wierd things during study week :pAnyway,I was delighted when I saw this one.I've only ever heard of face masks,never heard of sleeping masks,and again,I was tempted(I'm a sucker for face packs!).Besides,I was already a fan of Face Shop-one of my favourite Korean skincare line.I find their products suit Asian skin like mine-as I'm also using their Chia Seed sebum control moisturiser.I got this at RM99 at one of their branch in The Empire in Subang Jaya.Was kind of gambling it since it was a bit pricey for only 100ml :pBut decided to just splurge since it's a face mask-reasons can't get any better haha.I like it's packaging.It's packed in a white box with lil' pink berry prints(i  think they're berries).There's something about Face Shop's packaging that gets me excited every time I open them;)Check out the packaging...
 The description on the box says;Skin problems?Try sleeping on it with this overnight beauty mask & wake up to porcelain smooth skin.Himalayan Raspberry Roots & Grain Extracts optimize elasticity & tighten pores while thoroughly hydrating & replenishing skin of extracts in the formulation promote the natural secretion of pleasure inducing the beta endorphins & stimulate the formation of collagen for more youthful skin.
To be honest I was caught up by the term 'porcelain smooth skin'-though that sounds a lil' too good to be true...
Looks like a blob of strawberry yoghurt ,featuring Homer Simpson :P

Spreads easily!
How to use:
It says;Before going to bed,spread evenly over face avoiding the lips & the areas around the eyes.Rinse thoroughly with warm water the following morning.
I'd usually have a different way of applying products but for this I did not.It's just so simple to use-spread it,then leave it overnight.Plus since it's gel based & almost colourless,I don't have to wash the hands after.I just spread the left overs from my fingers,to my hands & leave them.

My verdict:
I always have high expectations for Face Shop's products.And this did meet my expectations,but only to a certain degree.I like the fact that it's gel-based,great for my combination-oily skin.I also like its light texture &  the pink hue it has to it-reminds me of strawberry yoghurt :)It's got a good scent to it-was expecting something berry-ish,but it hasn't got any of that.Although it did have a lil' fruity smell to it,just not berries.I thought it smelt like one of the shampoos I have.It didn't give me breakouts,which I'm happy for.There wasn't a really a reduction in my pore size, like how it claim it'll do,especially at the cheeks.Maybe I'll have to wait longer for the results to pop up.No,I did not wake up with porcelain skin but my skin definitely felt smoother & felt hydrated.I think it'll be good to use when you're sleeping in an air-conditioned room-less water zapped out from the skin.All in all I think it's a good 'maintenance' face mask,not a 'deep cleansing' one(like my fave; Himalaya's Neem face pack).But I'll still be looking out for other sleeping masks-especially ones that'll be able to show a marked reduction in the pore size department :D
Hopefully my review helped!See ya next time for another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment