Thursday 13 March 2014

Slow start to the holidays..

I know it sounds wierd,usually,people-normal people would want a slow-paced,relaxing holiday to unwind themselves.But as in right now,I'm the opposite.I've been back for a week already & I think I've been too relax for the past one week-which's good, bcoz I wouldn't be regretting after this, for not giving myself enough rest,which I totally needed-I love me:DYou'll know by now, if u've been reading my previous posts,that I'm planning to make this looong holiday worth it!I scored that goal today,as in right now by being regular here with a new post(here comes the word 'regular' again).I'm planning to do more stuffs but I'm not really sure where to start-everything's so overwhelming yet so exciting.I once heard this phrase,it goes;"I'm excited for the future"-heard it from one the American Idol contestant-not sure from which season,but that phrase has inspired me ever since.And right now I'm excited about my future-but I've got to think it down first & not be so 'kamchiong'-I'm not sure if the spelling's correct,but it's Chinese for haha I can't find a word for it in English,but if u're Malaysian it's 'gelabah'.Hahax my housemate & I use that word quite a lot,she's the one who taught me the word.
Anyways,this holiday I was thinking on "widening" my business potentials.Doesn't sound great?Holidaying while making money!!I was tempted that's why I was thinking of joining forces with one of my elder sister.She's an interior designer in the making but she has already design a few dresses,casual wears etc.She's got her own freaking tailor!!She's even designed one of her friend's wedding dress & somehow became a wedding planner!I'm so jealous of her but I think that's how I want to be-studying,at the same time have side incomes:DSo I've got to learn from her.One of the things she does is,design some garments than instruct her tailor to sow them-which I think is such a cool idea!I mean I want my own tailor-bcoz I'm so bad at anything that includes needles & thread.In Malaysia we have this 'Kemahiran Hidup' classes-a subject to"prepare" us for the real world,the boys & girls study the same subject but under different divisions;the boys get the more technical part,the girls had to learn something like"household economy etc" -'Ekonomi Rumah Tangga'.There,we'd learn stuffs like stitching,cooking,some wood work etc.The main point is,I'd always get low marks for my sowing-and I'd always be sending my stitch work to the sowing shop & have them complete my work for me.No kidding!That was what some girls from my class resort to doing out of frustration-like me hee.Now I kind of regretted for not paying attention to my sowing class.I've always imagined me being able to design & sow my own clothes.Some what like Raven from 'That's So Raven'-the Disney series.Back in primary school when I was 9-12 my best friends & I  had made this "magazine" out of a notebook.We tore the cover & made the first page as our magazine cover-we drew comic strips on it plus we designed some clothes with colour pencils.We tried to sell the "magazine" for RM 3/5 I've forgotten but nobody would buy them-except for this one guy,but eventually gave us false hopes hahax-imagine,business transactions amongst 9 year olds hahax.So yeah that was one thing & looking back at it, I did have some interest in the world of designing-and I think I'm quite good at it:)So,right now to increase my value as a budding designer,I want & need to learn how to sow!
But whilst waiting my sowing abilities to bloom bloom & bang I'm planning to sell some things my sister has already designed for example;kimono styled cardigans,scarfs etc.Hopefully they'll be a hit.I'm planning to post some of their pictures here,on Facebook & on Instagram-but I've got to make a base of followers first!There's something about selling things online that excites me!
And of course besides doing business during the holidays I'm planning to get back in shape!Have been slacking for the past couple of years.But being back in Malaysia is so not helping!But I can't make that as an excuse,instead,I've got to find a balance between eating Malaysian food on a daily basis & yet still manage to lose some of the extra pounds-I've got to!
Look out for my next posts:DI've always wanted to try to make reviews on random things be it food,places I've visited,products etc.For my next few posts,any of them will be on this crazily cool moisturizer & face mask I just got for myself last week-both are Face Shop's;Chia seed sebum control moisturiser & Raspberry roots sleeping mask.I've used them for a few days now & generally I'm quite happy with both:D So look out for the reviews for them.I know,I'm a bit late jumping into the bandwagon for Korean skincare products-that has been quite a craze a while back already-but I'm sure there're some people out there like me,& hopefully my reviews will help those people who're in a dilemma in choosing the right skin care products for their skin.
So that's all for today,till my next visit BYE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment