Sunday 4 May 2014

Review on Nature Republic's Botanical Vanilla Make-Up Base-in Vanilla Green

Hi all!So my next review on my latest purchases of make-up items is going to be on Nature Republic's Botanical Vanilla Make-Up Base in Vanilla Green :)First,I have to say that one of the main reason for me to be having sooo many Nature Republic's items is because of me wanting to get more of the free Exo members' cardboard standees :pI know I know I'm crazee -.-.Only Exotics can get me T.T...Enough said I'm an Exo Freak-period hee.Moving on to the product....The second, kinda also one of my "main" reason for getting this' because I have heard great reviews on make-up bases-so thought it would be great to have one for myself!Again, I got this at Songdo's Lotte Mart-a last minute purchase.I also like this base because it has got vanilla extracts in it :) I love love vanilla-most of the things I own have got a lil' of vanilla in them-my body cream,shower cream(added with coconut yum!),perfume-love its ice cream too!So next to Exo and face masks-I'm a Vanilla Freak too yikes :pThere're two varieties of bases in this Botanical Vanilla line-one being in green and the other in pink.I got it in green because my skin has got a reddish complexion,especially at the cheeks.And green coloured bases can help correct and calm the redness woot.Plus it preps your skin for foundation or BB/CC cream too!Here's how it looks like...
Here it is!Sorry for the wires & notebook at the back :p
                                                 
Another of its variety in this line

                                                   
My bare hands before applying the base-you can spot a small scar :p


                                       
Liking the mint green colour!

Glides easily..

The skin's brightened out after spreading evenly!The appearance of the scar is somehow reduced!
Imagine what it'll do to pores..


What it says on the packaging :
Botanical Vanilla Make-Up Base SPF20 PA++ - This make-up base enriched with vanilla extract for fair complexion

How to use:
Since the description on the tube is mainly in Korean,I followed the how tos of using this from the web,it goes;Apply a moderate amount according to skin's texture.
I like using my fingers to dab them on at first especially on the areas of my skin that's prone to redness-CHEEKS!Then I spread them using my index finger.If it looks blotchy or if you want to smooth out the look you can dab the areas  you've put it on, with those beauty sponges-so the excesses will be removed :)

Ingredients:
The main ones I got from the web;Vanilla extract,Mineral Water

Net Weight: 35g

Price:5900 Korean Won-approximately RM18.But it's cheaper because I got it from its manufacturing country itself-it's more costly in Malaysia or anywhere else :p So that's why I always suggest to buy things from koreandepart.com :)

My Verdict:
I'll start with the packaging first :)It's simple,small,easy to be carried around,plus I love the mint coloured flower details on the tube-where they have it on products from the Nature Republic's Botanical line.The scent of the base is just "powdery"and lightly scented nothing overwhelming-which's a good thing!I like the fact that it's green in colour-because green based bases can conceal the redness on my cheeks.Instead,for people who's skin is not sensitive or not prone to redness or to whom that just needs a healthy pinkish glow to their skin,I suggest to get this in pink.The texture is smooth and lightweight not heavy when applied,so you won't really feel stuffy.It glides easily too!It also minimized the appearance of the pores on my face woot.It also has an added plus point with it being a SPF20-so you don't have to worry about putting on sunscreen!Meanwhile,the downside of this base would be the fact that it might not be appropriate for all skin colour-especially to people with darker skin tones.For myself,I'm quite tan-so when I put it on,I have to make sure I don't go overboard with the amount that I put on at a time-because when I start to spread it,it'll come out as being too "white"-or a fake whitish ghost look.I wish it could tone down in its brightening effects' department.If it does so,I can definitely see this as the only thing to put on,on a very hectic day-without the need to apply BB/CC creams or even foundation!Because it already has the upper hand in minimizing the appearance of pores.But when I applied BB cream after applying this-it did reduce the "ghost" look a little.So whenever I use this,I have to make sure I apply BB cream after.Which makes sense-because it is only a base-but I'm just being optimistic to find a multi-purpose make-up base :D Right now I think it'll be a keeper-because I'm not planning to get any make-up bases in the near future,but I may have to leave it out from my haul once I find a better one :/ But it did the things it said it'll do-that's brightening.But people with darker skin tones would have to test this one out first before purchasing :) .Hopefully my review helped!Bye!Tomorrow's my first day in the hospital for third year(yikes!)-wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment